Sunday, January 11, 2009

Samarai Moo

Samurai Moo needs to be done in under 2 months, for the anime con in KC March 13-15. I've been planning (and annoying you, my dear readers) about it for months, now I'm actually cranking it out.

Last year I did a simple pinstripe ankle length kimono for the anime con, and timed how long it took. Under 3 hours from cutting out to finished garment (not counting the obi, never quite figured out how to make one that I really like). So I know at least the jacket shouldn't take too long, even if I do add a few details like contrasting collar and cuffs.

So for this progress report, despite the process being interrupted by a sick Kiyan (see previous post if you want the brief but gross details), I have the back, front panels and sleeves cut out in my lovely cow print fabric. I'll cut out the black twill for collar and cuffs tomorrow, and might even get it assembled, along with ties to keep it closed.

Then I get to tackle the hakama.

No comments: